The Bereaved Through Suicide Support Group (SA) Inc. http://www.bts.org.au/ Grief support group for people bereaved through suicide
- Member: Professional Advisory Council
The Big Issue (SA) http://www.bigissue.org.au/
- Marketing Committee
- Fundraising committee
- Fundraising – The Big Lunch, held at the Adelaide Central Markets on 24 July 2011 was our first major fundraising effort, and we raised just under $25,000
- Pitch walks (to resume soon!)
The Big Issue Australia is one of Australia’s leading social enterprises providing creative solutions to the issue of homelessness.
We achieve this by using different mechanisms to connect people with the community, such as The Big Issue Street Magazine Enterprise (a fortnightly independent current affairs magazine sold on the street by our authorised vendors), the Community Street Soccer Program (a national initiative using the positive power of sport to change lives), and The Big Issue Classroom (that challenges primary and secondary students to break down stereotypes surrounding homelessness and encourage tolerance and empathy towards all people).
The Big Issue opens its doors to all members of the community who are homeless or marginalised.
… paving the way
The Big Issue is committed to being the leader in social enterprise in Australia. As we move forward we will continue to grow and foster The Big Issue Street Magazine Enterprise, the Street Soccer Program as well as ignite new initiatives that will achieve our organisational goals.
More specifically, we plan to build the profile of The Big Issue magazine, particularly in regional centres, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide and continue to drive sales, even in uncertain times. By 2010, we aim to roll out the Street Soccer Program to 3,000 participants over three years in 30 sites across Australia. And we look forward to engaging with motivated partners to bring these visions to fruition.
Clayton Church Homes, Magill http://www.claytonhomes.com.au/magill.html
- Coffee shop
- IT for Seniors program
Alzheimer’s Australia http://www.alzheimers.org.au/
- NCAC and NQCDCI national committee
- Public speaking
- Active campaigner for the 2011 Fight Dementia National Campaign http://fightdementia.org.au/the-campaign/
Hutt Street Homeless Centre 2011 http://www.huttstcentre.org.au/
- Walk a Mile in My Boots
Since 1954, the Hutt Street Centre has been a multi-service, non-residential agency providing essential and professional services to help the homeless and vulnerable residents of inner-city Adelaide achieve secure housing and social inclusion.
As well as counselling, advocacy and health services, the Hutt Street Centre plays a vital role in providing a much-needed social support structure.
From providing meals and showers to organising recreational events and a safe, welcoming common room for watching television, reading and quiet chatting, the Hutt Street Centre aims to provide the homeless and the lonely with the basic social networks and support that most of us take for granted.
Our Organisational Values and Culture
The core values of the Daughters of Charity and their works through the love of Jesus Christ urges us to:
- Respect each person – A high regard for the worth and dignity of each person
- Provide Quality Service – Responding to the needs of others in a caring and professional manner
- Encourage Simplicity – Honesty, integrity, transparency and clarity of focus
- Advocate for the Poor – Lobbying, advocacy and supporting the cause of those most disadvantaged in our society
- Value Spirituality – Love is inventive to infinity, boundless creativity and innovation in service delivery
The Naval Military & Airforce Club (SA) Inc
- Fundraising committee
- Membership committee
The Bereaved Through Suicide Support Group (SA) Inc. (1985-1995) http://www.bts.org.au/ Grief support group for people bereaved through suicide
- Grief support worker – running support meetings 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of every month, and telephone support worker 24 hours/day
- Public speaking and advocacy
Young Hopes Grief support group for teenagers in the Adelaide Hills
- Grief support worker – running support meetings every month
National Association for Loss and Grief (1989-1995) A professional umbrella for service providers of loss and grief support, and a conduit between them and the bereaved
- Committee member
Norwood Nursing Home (19956-99)
- Community visitor
Saint Ignatius’ College (1995-2008)
- Tuck shop
- Reading program
- LAP (Learning assistance program)
Saint Andrews College (1995-2002)
- Tuck shop