The management of my diary for consulting, workshops, staff training, speaking and other events including conferences is now handled by Saxton Speaker Bureau. Please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
“It was announced on November 8, 2016 Kate is the winner of the prestigious 2017 Australian Of The Year Awards in South Australia. She was also a SA Finalist in 2016. Kate also won the University of Wollongong’s 2016 Alumni Social Impact Award for her global work in dementia, and was amongst the Westpac/Financial Review 100 Women of Influence announced for 2016.
If you want to know how to turn an organisation of eight people into one that spans the globe across 47 countries, in just over four years, I can tell you how. As co-founder and current Chair & CEO of Dementia Alliance International, I have done just that.
Wanting to change the world is easy, doing it is far more complicated… speakign at your events will giv eyou insights into my approach to this in claiming the human rights for the 50 milllion people living with dementia globally, and those livign in residential aged care.
I have many other personal examples of survival through sheer determination and resilience, something i believe can be developed. They are my stories of love, life and loss, and they may inspire your teams. It you want to know how to survive the suicide loss of a partner aged 27, divorce and domestic violence, cancer, brain surgery, betrayal by ‘close family and friends’ which included being defamed and called a medical fraud, and even a diagnosis of dementia, I can give you quite a few tips. That is because I’ve been through them all.
Currently, some of my unpaid professional roles include:
- Humanitarian and activist for aged and dementia care
- Dementia Alliance International, Co-founder, Chair and CEO, FT pro bono role
- High Level Meeting Steering Committee, United Nations, Member
- Community of Practice (CoP) for the Meaningful Involvement of People Living with NCDs, Steering Committee Member
- United Nations Civil Society Working Group, Member
- The Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance (WHPCA), Stakeholder Committee Member
- World Dementia Council, Member
- Alzheimer’s Disease International, Board member
- Consultant, Dementia Care
- University of South Australia , PhD Candidate (LoA), and Researcher
My full professional CV is available to download here…