The management of my diary for consulting, workshops, staff training, speaking and other events including conferences is now handled by Saxton Speaker Bureau. Please contact them at email@example.com
“It was announced on November 8, 2016 Kate is the winner of the prestigious 2017 Australian Of The Year Awards in South Australia. She was also a SA Finalist in 2016. Kate also won the University of Wollongong’s 2016 Alumni Social Impact Award for her global work in dementia, and was amongst the Westpac/Financial Review 100 Women of Influence announced for 2016.
If you want to know how to turn an organisation of eight people into one that spans the globe across 47 countries, in just over four years, I can tell you how. As co-founder and current Chair & CEO of Dementia Alliance International, I have done just that.
If you want to know how to change the world, all you have to do is ask…
It you want to know how to survive the suicide loss of a partner aged 27, divorce and domestic violence, cancer, brain surgery, betrayal by ‘close family and friends’ which included being defamed and called a medical fraud, and even a diagnosis of dementia, I can give you quite a few tips! That is because I’ve been through them all, and more.
Currently, some of my unpaid professional roles include:
- Dementia Alliance International, Co-founder, Chair and CEO
- High Level Meeting Steering Committee, United Nations, Member
- Community of Practice (CoP) for the Meaningful Involvement of People Living with NCDs, Steering Committee Member
- United Nations Civil Society Working Group, Member
- The Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance (WHPCA), Stakeholder Committee Member
- World Dementia Council, Member
- Alzheimer’s Disease International, Board member
- Department of Health, SDCU Expert Advisory Group, 2017/18, Member
- Consultant, Dementia Care
- University of Wollongong , PhD Candidate (LoA), and Researcher
- Humanitarian and activist for aged and dementia care
My full professional CV s available to download here…