Yesterday a fellow blogger Patrick Fisher awarded me with the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. THANK YOU. Patrick is helping his mum look after his father, who was diagnosed with dementia in 2008, the same year I was. Thank you once again Patrick, and keep up your wonderful and inspiring work, and your blogging. Your Dad, and your Mum, will probably never have all the words to tell you just how much they appreciate your support and love, but rest assured, as a mum myself, they do!
These are the Rules of Acceptance
1. Display the award logo on your blog. 2. Link back to the person who nominated you. 3. State 7 things about yourself. 4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them – I feel this is too much pressure – so if you don’t feel up to this step of the rules, please accept it with love anyway. 5. Notify them of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Seven new things about me:
1. I would still like to learn how to fly an aeroplane, but have come to accept this will never happen because I can no longer do even simple maths.
2. Rufus Wainwright is one singer I have recently started to listen to.
3. One day, I would like to set up a group house for the homeless and people with dementia, where they can learn to cook, do gardening, learn to paint, sing, draw; where they can work in a shed, learn woodwork or just chill out together. Their cooking could support a coffee shop.
4. I would also like to set up a small restaurant or cafe, where people only pay if they can afford to, and others help by donating produce, their labour or expertise. There used to be one in Adelaide in the 80’s called ‘The Abode of the Friendly Toad’ and I have wanted to do this since then! My youngest son is very keen on helping, and is more philanthropic than any mother could have ever dreamed of!
5. I still want to live in Italy and France for at least a year each.
6. If the labour government get back in at the next election, I may just be doing number 5!
7. I really really really love technology and the way it has changed my world.
I nominate these blogs with the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
Eliza Bee Gee One very honest, liberating, courageous, brave young blogger.
Gen Y Girl I wish I had been this insightful when I was her age!
My Body the City: The Secret Life of a Callgirl Amazing, brave, inspiring, courageous.
Life on La Lune If you haven’t travelled to France, this fabulous blog takes you there.
Moving your soul, a different way to be with Alzheimer´s A wonderful tribute to loved ones by carers.
Whose Shoes? Helping us create change; energetic and inspiring.
Belledelettres’s Blog Trying to write a thesis… and writes beautifully about caring for loved ones with dementia.
Frangipani Singaporenicum Learning more about dementia and caregiving for dementia.
One World Rising One inspiring woman, working towards world peace and health.
http://letstalkaboutfamily.wordpress.com/ a caregivers insight
Ps. I have not made it to 15, but feel there are so many great blogs out there I was overwhelmed with choice. Adding these wonderful blogs in no way detracts from the value of all of the others.