“An interesting observation on survival – nature is always a good teacher, our part is to pay attention…
“A wolf pack on the move :
· The first 3 are the old or sick, they give the pace to the entire pack. If it was the other way round, they would be left behind, losing contact with the pack. In case of an ambush they would be sacrificed;
· then come 5 strong ones, the front line;
· In the center are the rest of the pack members;
· then the 5 strongest following.
· Last is alone, the Alpha. He controls everything from the rear. In that position he can see everything, decide the direction. He sees all of the pack.
The pack moves according to the elders’ pace and help each other, watch each other.
Again I am left speechless by nature … I knew that wolves are different, but didn’t realize how much we could learn from them….
I didn’t know wolves put the ELDERS of the pack FIRST. People on this planet should take note … elders are to be seen up front, setting the pace and direction while enjoying the protection of the rest… and not invisible at the back of the line.”
Received from my cousin Janet via email.