You are invited to register for two important webinars being hosted by Sydney University, Associate Professor Lee-Fay Low and Professor Kate Laver on why rehabilitation for people with dementia matters, to launch their new book, Dementia Rehabilitation: Evidence-Based Interventions and Clinical Recommendations.
Webinar 1 : Rights, communication, comorbidities.
Webinar 2: Work, exercise, play
About the book: Rehabilitation helps individuals maintain and optimize independence. Historically, people with dementia have received little rehabilitation and the focus has been on care to replace lost function. Dementia Rehabilitation is a resource for health and social professionals, service planners, policy makers, and academics. The book makes a compelling case for rehabilitation for people with dementia, including the views of people with dementia and the research evidence. For each area of function, the research evidence and relevant theory is summarized, followed by practical information on clinical assessment, and delivery of therapies.
- Identifies rehabilitation as a human right for people with dementia.
- Reviews functions affected by dementia, including cognition, communication, and physical function.
- Outlines evidence-based strategies to maintain function and to delay decline.
- Describes how to maintain activities of daily living and leisure activities.
- Includes techniques to maintain self-identity and mood.
- Recognizes the importance of environment and care partners in supporting rehabilitation.
- Summarizes models of care for rehabilitation.
Invitation to two Free webinars:
Please join us to celebrate the release of our book, Dementia Rehabilitation: Evidence-Based Interventions and Clinical Recommendations. Hear from experts on up-to-date evidence and clinical application for rehabilitation for people with dementia. They will cover human rights, communication, psychological wellbeing, physical co-morbidities, daily living, physical function, driving, employment and models of rehabilitation. 10thand 17th November 2020, 8pm Sydney 9am London. Download the flyer here…
Webinar 1: Register here.
Webinar 2: Register here.
Enquiries: email@example.com .au